Inlet View Elementary School Replacement Design – $3,346,000
Bond Work at Inlet View
- The 2020 Bond will provide $3.34 million for the new school design on the existing site.
- The current Inlet View building was built in 1957 and is the oldest school in ASD.
- The new design will accommodate up to 300 students, the average number of elementary age students living within Inlet View’s boundaries.
- Inlet View houses just over 250 students, with an official capacity of 168.
- The new design will include a fire suppression system, a safety feature the current school does not have due to its age.
Impact to Taxpayers
- Two-Year Bond (No 2021 Bond)
- $29.1M less than the amount being paid off
- Estimated cost to taxpayers is $6.85 per $100,000 of assessed property valuation (accounts for $111.9M of paid off bond debt)
Two-Year Bond Cycle
ASD has entered a two-year bond cycle, meaning school bonds will not be on the ballot in 2021.
In 2015, the District conducted a Project Analysis Report (PAR) on Inlet View. The outcome of the PAR included scope of work and cost estimates for three different options, to include a building life extension (BLE), a comprehensive renewal, and a school building replacement.
In 2017, the District hired a consultant (Western Demographics) to conduct an external capacity study of the District. The consultant strongly recommended replacing the existing building (built in 1957) with a new structure to accommodate up to 300 students, which is the average number of elementary age students living within Inlet View’s boundaries.