Inlet View Elementary School Replacement Construction - $30,967,000
Bond Work at Inlet View
- A new facility will provide students with upgraded learning spaces, taking advantage of advancements in classroom design and the opportunity to integrate modern educational tools.
- Security concerns have evolved since the existing Inlet View Elementary School was constructed in 1957. This project allows for a much safer and more secure site against modern threats.
- Larger, better organized on-site drop off and pickup areas will keep more vehicles on site and off the streets. Re-routed traffic patterns will favor neighborhood commuters and school users.
- A new facility will be less expensive to maintain and will require much less maintenance and repairs than a remodeled school, saving money and resources in the long run.
- Extensive landscaping, drainage mitigation, and overall sitework will improve the grounds for students and neighbors alike.
- Inlet View hosts the only “International Baccalaureate” program at an elementary school in the ASD, providing students with a one of a kind pathway to the world’s most esteemed universities.
Estimated Taxpayer Impact*
(based on $100K assessed property value)
Added tax potential
from new bonds:
Reduced tax potential
from retired bond debt:
Two-Year Bond Cycle
ASD has entered a two-year bond cycle, meaning school bonds will not be on the ballot in 2023.
Inlet View Elementary School (1219 N Street) is being replaced with a new school on the same site. The project includes constructing a new elementary school facility that is 46,210 sf. to provide improved instructional, administrative, and education support, along with modern mechanical/utility spaces and features to meet ASD Districtwide Elementary School Education Specifications. The existing obsolete school building will be demolished once the new school is completed and occupied. The project scope involves extensive sitework, including new parking lots, pick-up/ drop-off areas, landscaping, and new playground spaces to meet ASD Standards.
The existing school was built in 1957 and is one of the oldest in the Anchorage School District. The current school has a facility capacity of 170 students, with 216 students currently enrolled (2021-22 school year). Per the District’s facility utilization standards, the replacement school could accommodate up to 289.
ASD Two-Year Bond Proposition