Creekside Park teaches Respect, Responsibility, and Safety. We ask you to please help us teach these values when picking up your children.
If you park in a parking space and/or walk to pick up your children in front of the school, please use the crosswalk at the front entrance of the school or the one at the far end of the parking lot near the preschool playground.
Walking between vehicles is dangerous and not safe for you or your children. Please model responsibility and safety for your child by not walking between vehicles. We have teachers assisting you and your children to cross safely at the main crosswalk, so please use the crosswalks so we can ensure everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Pull as far forward as you can before you let your child out of the car.
- All children must exit from the passenger side of the vehicle. Under no circumstances should they be on the driver's side, as cars do pass and are not always able to see your children.
- Drivers should never leave their vehicle for any reason, unless parked in a designated parking space.
- Once your child is dropped off, please drive slowly out of the drop-off area and parking lot.
Afternoon Pick up
- Do not arrive before 3:20. Students are not released until 3:30 and early arriving cars do not speed up the process of pick up.
- When you arrive, please pull forward as far as you can and remain in your car.
- Students may enter the vehicle on the passenger side only.
- Encourage your own children to come immediately to the front of the school for pick up.
- As cars in front of you move forward, please move as far forward as you can.
- Once your child is safely buckled into the car, feel free to carefully pull into the lane of traffic that is exiting the parking lot.
In the Parking Lot
- Cars must be parked properly in a designated space.
- Please only use the handicapped parking spaces if you or your disabled child are coming into or out of the building.
- Students must be escorted by an adult to and from parked cars.
- EVERYONE is expected to cross at a crosswalk or use the outside sidewalk.
- Please do not talk on cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
- Please be respectful and follow the directions of staff members on duty. They are there to keep children safe.