ASD Destination 2020 Goal
Every student will attend school at least 90 percent of the time. The school board defines what constitutes an excused absence from school as:
- Death or serious illness in immediate family
- Participation in a school function
- Extenuating circumstances approved by the principal
- Students are not allowed in the building before 8:45 am, unless they are eating breakfast in the cafeteria. Students who are eating breakfast in the cafeteria cannot arrive before 8:30 am.
- The first school bell rings at 8:50 am.
- The second school bell rings at 9:00 am. If students arrive after this bell, they will be considered tardy and must check in with the office staff for a tardy slip.
- The dismissal bell rings at 3:30. If you pick up your child prior to the dismissal bell, you will need to check in with the office and sign your child out for the day.
- If your child is out sick for the day, please call before 10:00 am to let the office staff know at 907-742-3403.