Why Join PTSA?
Enjoy the benefits. The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more advantages. Here are just a few:
- Get connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover great resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a network. Parenting is not easy - it helps to share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- Watch yourself grow. By volunteering with our PTSA, you gain valuable experiences. It is an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause - your child and all children in the community.
- Speak up. Because the PTSA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness improvement. By getting involved at your child's school, you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSA's play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based program, and social events - all vital to a school's success.
- Be a role model. By becoming a PTSA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Officers are voted by PTSA members in April and serve from May to May.
President - Open
Vice President - Samantha McIntosh
Treasurer - Open
Secretary - Open