CHUGIAK MUSTANGS 2021-2022
Welcome back Mustangs to the 2021-2022 school year! The Activities office is open and ready to assist you with all of your athletic needs. Some things have changed this year and we want you to be aware of the following:
Our Activities office has changed location! We have moved just down the hall from the Attendance office. We now have more space to greet and assist students and families.
Ms. Rebecca is joining our team and brings lots of energy, and is eager to meet and assist you with any questions or concerns. If you are planning to participate in a fall sport, please get your paperwork turned into PlanetHS.com and payment made through Parent Connect prior to the first practice. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Travis Morgan- Assistant Principal Activities/ Student Services
Rebecca Fernandez- Activities Administrative Assistant
Please find the information for contacting fall coaches directly. We strive to partner with our teams and coaches to enhance the athletic experience at Chugiak High School.
DDF - Mackenna Handeland - Handeland_mackenna@asdk12.org
Football- Ryan Landers- firstname.lastname@example.org
Flag Football- Liz Gailey- email@example.com
XC Running- Brain Kruchoski- firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennis- John Wanek- email@example.com Remind @9b6867
Football Cheer- Ellie Greenlund- firstname.lastname@example.org
Gymnastics- Elle Adkins - Elle.Adkins@yahoo.com
Swim/Dive- Anne Williams- email@example.com
Volleyball- Katie Hulse- firstname.lastname@example.org
Rifle- Rene Deraves- email@example.com
Bowling- Mekenzie Richardson- firstname.lastname@example.org
Basketball - Boys - Josi Schultz - Schultz_josephine@asdk12.org
Hockey - Boys - Ron Wild - Wild_Rodney@asdk12.org
Basketball Cheer - Tori Metzger - Metzger_Tori@asdk12.org
E-Sports- John Yarger - Yarger_John@asdk12.org
Wrestling- Dan Bailey- email@example.com
Nordic Ski - TBD
There have been some changes to the fee schedule for all of the Anchorage School District. Please note that ASD has instituted a flat fee for all high school activities as $200 per sport.
The Individual Student Cap is now $400 per school year, and there is no more family cap.
The following guidelines apply to this fee:
- Those activities that “pay to play” include all ASAA competitive programs with the exception of Honors, Music, Solo ensemble and World Language Declamation.
- All fees are to be collected as part of the eligibility process at the beginning of the season for each sport.
- Any student that is not selected for the team will have the fee returned to them.
- The final team determination will be made and announced to students within the first five days of the season.
- No student is allowed to try out for the team without paying the fee or obtaining an approved activity fee waiver.
- A student who qualifies for the free or reduced federal lunch program will be granted an activity fee waiver. We strongly encourage all students interested in a fee waiver to fill out the free federal lunch application(FRP). FRP applications will be available Aug. 1st, 2021 and more information can be found at the above link.
- There is no fee for participation in subsequent activities once a student reaches the individual student cap of $400.
There is also a change to gate admission prices beginning the 2021-2022 school year. Activity stickers are a great way fors students to attend both home and away games at a minimal cost. Activity stickers can be purchased online through Parent Connect and if purchased before the start of school will be printed directly on a student’s ID card.:
General Admission:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $8.00
* Students with Activity Stickers:. . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
(all regular season ASD events)
Students—7th & 8th grade:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
Senior Citizens:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
(ages 65 and older)
Military:. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$5.00
Elementary & Pre-School: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE if accompanied by parent
Activity stickers must be presented or general admission must be paid for both home and away events.
- Activity stickers will cost $50.00 each and will admit students to all ASD athletic contests including those designated at certain locations which are not on school property, i.e., Anchorage Football Stadium, Boeke Sports Arena, etc. Activity stickers will not admit students to the region tournament. (Home and Away games) Students without Activity Stickers will be charged $8.00 or full adult price.
All events will be charged at all levels except at ‘C’ team and ‘JV’ levels when not preceding a varsity contest; and where control of the gate is impossible.
The home school will admit without charge all competitors, cheerleaders (in uniform), coaches, and managers of the visiting school.
We are excited to have all sports and activities this year and look forward to cheering on our Mustangs!
Chugiak Activities Team