From the Principal
Happy New Year! I hope all of our families enjoyed their time together over the holiday break. I can tell our staff returned well-rested and eager to get back to work. It was exciting to see all of our students return, eager to share their experiences and all of the fun activities they had.
* I would like to thank everyone who attended our Christmas Choir Concert and the PTA’s Santa Shop. The support for our school from our community is something we appreciate very much.
* Winter is here. Please send your child to school with proper winter attire. We also recommend you write your child’s name on their belongings. That will allow us to more easily return lost items to students.
* Please remember that students cannot be dropped off before 8:40am.
* Just a reminder that if you need to drop off or pick up your child, you must use the line next to the school. If you choose to enter the parking lot, you must use a designated parking spot. This is not a drop off or pick up zone. Please do not pull up and wait behind parked vehicles or begin a second pick up line. With everyone's help, we can keep everyone safe and avoid accidents and frustration.
* Effective January 7, 2019, all doors are locked beginning at 9:00 am and will remain locked. If you need to pick up your student from Campfire outside school hours, (9:00 – 4:00) you’ll need to call them to come open the door.
* Please consider helping out our PTA. They do a lot for our school and could use a few volunteers to help with various events. You do not need to come to all the PTA meetings to be a volunteer. They are looking for an individual who can help once or twice per year. The PTA’s next meeting is Monday, January 28, 2019.
* Please don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to help.
Up-coming Events to watch out for:
* February is Visit Our School Month
* Family Engagement Survey
* PEAKS Testing Schedule for Alpenglow
* Kindergarten Round-Up