Attendance at GVMS
Notification of Absence
- Please call the attendance line at 348-8626 or e-mail Camille Rogers at email@example.com. OR
- Send in a note excusing the absence, if you have not called the attendance line excusing your student.
- We appreciate students arriving to school on time. The first bell rings at 8:10 a.m., and the tardy bell rings at 8:15 a.m. Students are expected to be in his/her classroom by 8:15 a.m.
- Parents must provide a signed note, phone call, or accompany your student to the front office, or your child's tardy will be unexcused.
Blue Pass (Official Pass to Leave School during School Hours)
- Please send a note with your student the day of the appointment to exchange for a Blue Pass. Students shall bring the note to the front office. You may also call 348-8626 to request a Blue Pass well in advance of the appointment. Please plan to give the office at least 30 minutes notice.
- Please avoid making appointments during tests and/or final exams.
- Please come to the front office and sign your student out prior to their departure.
- Your student is allowed to ride a different bus from his/her own if they provide the front office with a note or phone call from his/her parent/guardian.
- Bus pass requests MUST be made before 12:00 p.m.
- If you plan to be away five or more days, please complete a Pre-Approved Absence form, which is located in the front office or on the Goldenview webpage and return to the front office one week prior to absence or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homework and PE make-up pages can be found in the front office as well.