Williwaw is a community of leaders and learners committed to fostering academic excellence and social emotional learning for all students.
We envision a school in which all members provide opportunities for students to engage in rigorous academic and SEL content while modeling and embodying respect, resilience, and empathy.
- Plan challenging, highly engaging, standards based Tier I instruction to all students
- Invest in and contribute to our school community to create a positive climate
- Engage students in high levels of thinking and academic discourse
- Communicate early and often to engage and support families
- Create a safe space for staff and students to use pro-social skills and self-regulate
Social Emotional Learning
Social Emotional Learning is integrated into our curriculum, and is taught in all classrooms and specials such as art, health, music, P.E. and library. Our staff is trained in the Conscious Discipline method which focuses on social-emotional learning and self-regulation. Students learn important life skills utilizing everyday events and by integrating children's literature. Children learn critical life skills such as self-regulation, the ability to control and direct one's own feelings, thoughts and actions.
At Williwaw we value that all of us: staff, students and families are leaders and learners. We provide opportunities for our students to take ownership of their learning and become strong academic and social-emotional leaders.
Grade levels: PK-5
Number of students: 349
Colors: Blue & gold
Motto: Williwaw - It's Who We Are!