Eagle River Elementary has always been fortunate to have a very active and involved community. Research has proven to show that active community involvement and support is an important asset for students to be academically successful. There are many way to become involved with our school; below are just a few examples:
- Like our Facebook page to stay in the loop with events, updates, and other announcements!
- Reach out to your student's teacher about possible volunteer opportunities
- Attend parent/teacher conferences at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters of school
- Advocate for us and for education by attending Anchorage School District's School Board Meetings
- Join the PTA (stay tuned for more information!)
- Keep in touch: If you have a profession, talent, skill, hobby, or possible business partnership opportunity, please let us know so we can integrate it into our school.
Parents: Did you know?
- Students go out to recess in any weather down to -10 degrees, so please dress them accordingly for the weather.
- Please call and leave a message on our attendance line at (907) 742-3000 to excuse any student absences by 10:00am OR by using the Q/ParentConnection app.
- Before 9:30am and after 3:00pm, students must be dropped off/ picked up by car ONLY at the stop sign at the front of the car line.
- Parents may not park their cars in the bus lane at any time before 9:30am and after 3:00pm. Buses begin arriving as early as 3:10pm and may be late dropping students off.
- Starting at 8:35am, supervision of the school grounds begins and students are to head to their classrooms to wait accordingly. Students must enter the building through the front door in the morning after 9:00am.
- Press the front door buzzer labeled "front office desk" FIRMLY, or the office staff will not hear it.
- Picture ID is required to pick up students early from school. Anyone who is not a primary or emergency contact will not be allowed to remove students from school.
- Parents should notify the office of any change to their regular transportation procedures prior to 3:00PM.
- Parents may not remove a student from the bus without prior notification to the office.
- Staff will report any unusual situations to the office and/or principal.
- School grounds are closed to the public 8:30am to 4:00pm. Students must leave the school grounds promptly at the end of the school day, but may return after 4:00pm.
ASD Mobile App
Anchorage School District offers a free mobile app that is available to anyone in the community, and includes additional features for ASD families and students. Use this app to access timely updates and notifications, lunch menus, submit absences, district and school calendars, and more!
Download the app by searching "Anchorage School District" in the App Store of Google Play, or by clicking the buttons below on your mobile device. Follow the link at the bottom for more information and guides on how to get and use the ASD mobile app.