Hello Gladys Wood Families!
We know that much of our students' success comes through your involvement. When families are partners in their child's education, the results are better attendance, increased motivation, higher self-esteem, and improved achievement. Please come and visit often. We love having you here!
Please call the school at 742-6760 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will not be attending or will be late. Parents who do not call before 10:00 a.m. will receive a call and an e-mail from the school district's automated absence system. Attendance is taken twice a day: once in the morning; once in the afternoon.
ASD requires parents to fill out a Pre-Arranged Absence Request form one week prior to taking your child out of school for any pre-planned absence.
Early Pick Up:
Only parents, guardians, or designated Release Contacts (provided on enrollment paperwork) are allowed to pick up a student during school hours. When you sign your child out for the day, the office staff will locate the student and have them sent to the office.
- At this time during 2020/2021 school year, we are not allowing visiors into the school.
- Check in at the office to obtain a Visitor's Badge, this allows staff to easily recognize that you are a visitor and that you have checked in with the front desk.
- Please contact teachers ahead of time if you wish to visit, assist, or observe in the classroom.
- Please silence cell phones and keep conversations in the hall to a minimum.
- Remember that teachers place a premium on the limited time they have to plan quality lessons and activities. While we encourage parents to confer with teachers as needed and when there are concerns, please keep in mind that the best result is when the conference has been pre-arranged.
School phones are limited to school business or emergencies. Students may be allowed to use the phone in the case of an emergency. Plans for after school activities or play dates should be discussed at home before the school day.
If an after school activity or plan has changed, please call the school and the office staff will relay the message to your student.