It is important for children to arrive at school on time and ready to learn. Students who arrive late say they feel like they miss a lot and often spend the entire day trying to catch up. We ask you to please assure that your child is on time for school.
When your student is absent, you can report the absence in a couple of ways.
Absences may now be reported in Parent Connect. Here is a video explaining how to do this....Report Attendance in Parent Connect
You may also call the office attendance line at 566-3330 by 9:00 a.m. and state your child's name and the reason for the absence. Excused absences include: illness, death in the immediate family, religious observance, school-sponsored trip, and principal excused.
To apply to have an excused absence, fill out a Pre-Approved Absence Request (PDF link).
For district policies, please check out the ASD Attendance page.
The Elementary Handbook is now online! You may access it by clicking this link.
- Please drop off students between 8:50-9:00
- If your student is walking or riding their bike, please remind them to leave their homes to get to school between 8:50-9:00.
- Staff will start monitoring school grounds at 8:45, so we ask that students don’t come on campus until we can provide supervision for everyone’s safety
Parents may drop children off using the pick up/drop off loop in the north parking lot. Please pull forward as far as you can toward the main entrance. This allows for the vehicle line to move more smoothly and efficiently. Students will enter the building through the front doors and will go straight to their classroom. 6th grade students may head straight into the relos. Children should NOT be dropped off at school before 8:50am unless they are participating in a club/practice or attending SACC.
- Please monitor pedestrian movement
- Please follow staff directions to increase the flow of traffic
- If possible, please put car seats on the right side of vehicles so students aren’t running into the passing lane to get in on the left side of vehicles
- Pull up as far as you can prior to letting your child get in the vehicle
The pick up area is located on the north side of the library. Parents who pick up their child should receive a name card to put in their car window. If you are in need of a card to place in your car, please stop by our front office or click here for a downloadable version to print out.
EARLY PICK UP:
Please avoid early pick-up unless there is an emergency or appointment. If you do need to pick your child up early, please call the office and we will have your student waiting for you in the office. You will need to come into the office to sign your student out. Please do not pick your child up between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. Every moment of instruction is valuable.