Anchorage STrEaM Academy is an Outdoor Experiential Education Program!
Be Safe & LEAVE NO TRACE
At STrEaM we believe that being outdoors is essential for healthy brain and body development. We learn outdoors everyday! Below are things that our school does together every year to build community and practice being together outdoors. You will notice that many of the suggestions are located right in the STrEaM neighborhood. Please use these ideas with the permission of your parents or guardians to explore these green spaces in our area. All activities and suggestions are optional and are not required. Remember to be safe, always leave no trace, and practice social distancing while you explore.
View the Slideshow that Megan Gatlin presented at Morning Coffee on 12/16/2020:
- At Arnold L Muldoon Park - Walk or run the big loop Big Loop = .95 miles
- Hike Around Cheney Lake Cheney Lake Information
- Fish at Cheney Lake Fishing at Cheney Lake
- Hike Rendezvous Peak! Hike at Arctic Valley
- Pick Berries Berry Picking information
- Hike Flattop Mountain Trail Flattop Mountain Trail Guide
- Hike Bicentennial / Campbell Tract Far North Bicentennial Park
- Bike or Hike Russian Jack Springs Park - one of Anchorage's oldes parks. In 2017 STrEaM students planted baby spruce trees in the park along the trails.