As you know, yesterday the 14-day rolling average of new cases of COVID-19 in the Anchorage Municipality moved to 29. This change officially moves us into the District’s high-risk category. Due to this shift, as of today, all in-person contact between ASD coaches and student athletes is cancelled.
The start of fall sports practices, which were scheduled to begin July 29th, are postponed until at least August 5th. In keeping with the District’s process for monitoring athletics and academics, we will continue to monitor the numbers daily and make a determination every two weeks about the ongoing status of fall sports and activities.
We will communicate as more information becomes available.