Students and their parents/guardians are invited to complete a Coach Assessment at the end of a sport season and submit it to the Activities Office.
Dimond High Athletics
Dimond students have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of interscholastic sports. There are three main sports seasons, fall, winter, and spring. Students must meet the eligibility requirement set by the Anchorage School District and the Alaska School Activities Association to participate (see below). Links to sports teams that have their own websites can be found to the right. Sports are listed by season below.
- All-State Music
- Drama, Debate, and Forensics (DDF)
- Student Government
- World Language Declamation
Meeting Eligibility Requirements
- Athletes must be enrolled in at least 5 ASD classes to participate in sports.
- Grades from the previous semester/quarter will be verified for: 2.0 GPA minimum & 5 classes passed (with the exception of incoming freshmen until the end of 1st quarter).
- Seniors who are on track to graduate (have passed all HSGQE exams and have at least 17.5 credits) may enroll in 4 classes and still be eligible.
- To sign up for a sport, register on Arbiter Athlete and follow the directions on the ASD Athletics page.
- Cross Country Running
- Flag football
- Swimming and Diving
Meeting NCAA Requirements
If your son/daughter is an athlete and has a goal to play in college sports, notify your student’s counselor to insure he/she is taking the required “Core Courses” and has the necessary information to meet eligibility. You can access NCAA information at www.ncaa.org.
- Basketball: Boys
- Basketball: Girls
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hockey: Boys
- Hockey: Girls
- Soccer: Boys
- Soccer: Girls
- Track and Field