- Dimond High School
- Dimond High School Homepage
Parent News 9/8
DHS Tuesday Email Blast 9/8/2020
Greetings Dimond Families-
I hope everyone had a restful three-day weekend. It is amazing that we are in the fourth week of the quarter. Teachers are well into curriculum and have established expectations for engagement and due dates for assignments. Please encourage your student to be diligent in completing assignments and keeping up with participation in class.
i READY ASSESSMENT:
The window for the iReady assessment closes Friday, September 11th. If your student has not completed the assessment at home, please follow the below instructions. This assessment is for students in grades 9 and 10, along with select 11th and 12th grade students. Students are to complete the diagnostic assessments independently. Classroom teachers have provided information and guidance on how to access and complete the diagnostic assessments.
- Students are to open a window in CHROME (please do not use any other browser) and log into Clever using their ASD credentials.
- Students are to find their iReady icon in Clever
- Remind the students to try their best.
- Explain to students that they will miss about half of the items (the test is designed that way and adjusts to their level), and to continue through the assessment even when it gets challenging.
- Explain to the students the purpose of this diagnostic, and how the results will create the personalized assignments they will complete so it is really important that they give it their all so that the assignments will be on their level (and therefore more apt to be of interest to them).
- Please note: Some questions are longer than others and require a student to scroll down to access the “next” button. Students can scroll on a Chromebook by using two fingers on the touchpad.
- Sometimes if the screen is small, they may need to know to adjust the zoom or scroll down in order to see a “start” or “next” button.
Zoom in/out or magnify your Chromebook screen
- To make the page bigger: Press Ctrl and Plus .
- To make the page smaller: Press Ctrl and Minus .
- Reset zoom: Press Ctrl + 0.
Due to the delay in sports, we are delaying our Homecoming celebration in the hope that we will be able to do something with a sport later in the year. We will still have the varsity letter holders elect Homecoming Court and we plan to announce Court at the end of next week. We want to recognize our senior athletes, and then hopefully do more to celebrate them when students are back in the building. Students are encouraged to show their spirit this week by participating in the theme days listed below. GO LYNX!
Wednesday- PJ day/quarantined day (Comfy clothes, quarantine masks, PJs)
Thursday- Fancy clothes (Semi formal, skirts, button down shirt and tie/similar to sports game day)
Friday- Maroon and gold (Wear your favorite Dimond gear)
Dress up for your class Zooms, and share your pictures on social media. Be sure to tag them with @DimondStudGov and #dimondhoco2020 on Twitter to be entered to win the daily spirit outfit contest!
If your student needs classroom materials to assist with their online classes, the student will be informed by their teacher. Pickup information for these items, if applicable, will be as follows:
Thursday Sept 10 from 1 - 3 PM.
The pickup site is out front near the flagpole. We will be positioned so you can drive up using the student parking lot or the student drop off roundabout. Please stay in your vehicles. If you are on foot or bike, you must have a mask on. We will have on masks and gloves.
Well, now students can get them from Dimond High Library! We'll start curbside pickup and continue every Tuesday and Thursday from 11 AM to 3 PM. If you're ready to read (aren't all of you?) just click this link for instructions. (https://dimondhighlibrary.org/dimond-library-curbside-pickup/)
Please see attached flyer for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Meal Service.
MEARS PERSONAL BELONGINGS DISTRIBUTION:
While many families and students picked up their locker items in the fall, we still have a number of bags containing locker and/or gym locker contents at Mears Middle School. We will have a pick-up opportunity the week of September 8th.
Locker Item Pick Up Schedule for current DHS 9th Graders (8th last year):
Last Name I-R: Wednesday, 9/9, 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
Last Name S-Z: Thursday, 9/10, 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
All Students: Friday, 9/11, 8:00 AM-2:30 PM
Note: Although we’re allowing any families that missed their assigned day to pick up on 9/11, we encourage families to pick up their items on the alpha-designated day.
- Walk up to the folding table outside of the north-east Mearsentrance (parking-lot side of the building);
- State your student’s first and last name, and Mr. Fischer, security, will retrieve your student’s bag.
- We request that you wear a mask and maintain social distancing during this process.
Any items not retrieved will be donated/discarded. Please contact Mike Scott Assistant Principal, Mears email@example.com if you have any questions.
DDF COACH NEEDED!
Dimond is in need of a Drama, Debate and Forensics coach for the 20/21 school year. If you are interested or have questions, please email James Hancock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week!
Be Safe, Stay Well