Compliance/Equal Employment Opportunity
Welcome to the Compliance/Equal Employment Opportunity Office. The Anchorage School District affirms the right of all students and employees to purse their education or occupation with dignity in a safe environment. Discrimination and/or harassment of employees and students will not be tolerated in the school district. These rights are not only protected under district policy, but are also protected under the following local, state and federal laws:
Stand Against Racism
Watch ASD's Training & Professional Development Dept. take a stand for issues that help promote equality for all.
Click the image above to play the video
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
- Title IX
- Alaska Statute 18.80.220
- Anchorage Municipal Code, Title V, Chapter 5: Article 20
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
- Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Alaska Leave Act (AFL)
Role of the Compliance/EEO Office
- Monitors the district's compliance with local, state and federal nondiscrimination laws.
- Designs nondiscrimination and anti-harassment trainings.
- Conducts impartial investigations into internal and external allegations of discrimination and harassment.
- Serves as the Title IX and ADA Compliance Coordinator.
- Administers leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Administers leave under the Alaska Leave Act (AFL).
What is Equal Employment Opportunity?
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, prohibits discrimination in employment decisions such as hiring promotion, discharge, pay, benefits, training and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Learn more on the What You Should Know About EEO page.
The board is committed to an environment of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, economic status, union affiliation, disability and other human differences. No person shall be excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, any academic or extracurricular program or education opportunity or service offered by the district.
Inquiries or complaints regarding any rights protected by law or policy may be addressed to:
ASD Education Center
5530 E Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99504-3135
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.