Measuring Progress in Anchorage School District
In order to meet its mission, Educating All Students for Success in Life, ASD is committed to strategic initiatives and goals. Goals are SMART as they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. The following data dashboards use varying measures to evaluate progress.
Increase student proficiency in reading/writing and math.
- Increase reading proficiency of elementary students
- Increase math proficiency of students
- Increase the percentage of students that are college and career-ready
The Performance Evaluation for Alaska’s Schools (PEAKS) and the Alaska Science Assessment are designed to measure a student’s understanding of the skills and concepts outlined in the Alaska English Language Arts and Mathematics Standards and the Alaska Science Grade Level Expectations.
Increase the number of students who will graduate high school
- Increase the percentage of students who are on track for graduation
- Increase the graduation rate
- Increase the rate of successful course completion
Increase the number of students who will attend school
- Increase student attendance
- Decrease chronic absenteeism
Increase recommendations of ASD schools to others
- Increase the percentage of parents who recommend their child's school to others
The Anchorage School District administers the SCCS to students in grades 3-12 and school-based staff.
100% of students will feel safe in school
- Increase the percentage of students and staff who feel safe in school
- Decrease the percentage of students that receive an out of school suspension
- Ensure a safe environment for all employees