The Indigenous Education Department provides services for academic enrichment and cultural identity for Native American students. We believe it is important for all students to share themselves as a valued member of their community. We teach students to explore and share their own unique cultural identity. This is a valuable element in ensuring that they succeed in school and life readiness.
There are three programs in the Indigenous Education Department:
- Academic and community enrichment program with Community Counselors as in-school staff support to ensure Native students are connected in their school communities.
- "Gui Kima" - Culture Identity program with culturally-inspired lessons from our elders and culture bearers
- "Atauchikun" - Fatherhood connectedness program for parents of Native students in ASD.
The Indigenous Education Department is advised by the Native Advisory Committee, a group of parents, students, and teachers.
- Family Engagement
- Cultural enrichment
- Indigenous language enrichment
- Supplemental academic support
- Outreach with tribes
- Professional development for ASD staff
- Native Youth Olympics
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4445Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504