Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4468 | Fax: (907) 742-7808
Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
The Development and Grants department assists schools, teachers and ASD departments with researching and applying for competitive grants and funding opportunities. On behalf of our students, staff, and communities and in the pursuit of educational excellence and success in life, our department works to ensure that all grant applications align with ASD’s mission and vision, goals, and guardrails and that all potential opportunities for funding are diligently pursued on behalf of the district. We are also the primary point of contact for all monetary and nonmonetary donations to the district. We link those who are interested in providing donations to the district with the schools and programs who have specific needs.
Our mission is to support the Anchorage School District in achieving its mission of educating all students for success in life by providing streamlined grant writing services and donor stewardship that enhances student learning and strengthens our community.
Our vision is that we will cultivate student success by boldly pursuing competitive grant opportunities and building strategic partnerships with donors and stakeholders in our community that reflect the dynamic and diverse needs of ASD students and their families.
What we do
- Develop and submit competitive grants on behalf of the district
- Assists in the development of school, program, and classroom level grant applications
- Provide grant-writing resources and training to staff and community partners
- Review all ASD grant proposals for quality assurance, ethical considerations, and compliance with grant regulations and other requirements
- Track and report on competitive grant submittals to ASD Board members
- Provide historical information on district grants
- Collaborate on partnership and sub-award grant applications with external agencies and organizations
Applying for Grants for ASD:
If you are an ASD employee interested in pursuing a grant for your classroom, project, or school you are required to submit an Intent To Apply to the Development and Grants office prior to submitting your application. You can access the Intent To Apply Form Here.
If you are not an ASD employee but are interested in pursuing a grant that would benefit ASD, please contact the Development and Grants office so we can support you in identifying and applying for grant opportunities.
- Research and communicate funding opportunities to ASD Staff and community partners
- Track and report on receipt of donations to all ASD schools and programs
- Develops and cultivates relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies for potential funding sources
- Act as the central oversight for ASD’s external funding prospects
- Ensure that the community’s support is recognized with donated funds utilized effectively and appropriately
- Work with curriculum and operational leadership to identify school, instructional, and business funding needs, ensuring they strategically align with ASD’s goals and long-term objectives
Are you an ASD Employee, Parent, Community Member, or Partner interested in learning more about grant writing and how you can support your community and schools? Complete our Training Interest Survey to let us know you are interested and someone from our office will reach out to you directly!
Donating to ASD
Financial contributions from community members in the form of cash donations to the Anchorage School District help support programs that directly assist our students. If you are interested in making a contribution to ASD, please fill out our Gift to ASD Form and include it with your donation via mail or drop it off for us in person at our office in the Education Center, 2nd floor! Please mail your form and donation to the following address:
Anchorage School District
Development and Grants office
5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99504
You may direct your gift to a specific school, ASD department, one of our programs, or the District as a whole. Thank you for your generous support of our ASD students. We are truly grateful for your generosity!