Welcome to Polaris
Polaris K-12 School is an optional school within Anchorage School District. Interested students must go through the ASD Lottery System. When a seat is offered to a student, grades 4 through 12, families will also fill out an enrollment packet and attend an enrollment meeting prior to attending Polaris.
Families are encouraged to participate in a school tour, offered during "ASD's Visit our Schools" in February. Please visit the School Tours webpage for specific dates and times.
Polaris K-12 School has an evolving program that creates an environment challenging students, teachers and parents to personal excellence, lifelong learning, and ethical responsibility to self, community, and world.
- Polaris K-12 School is a community in which teachers, students, and parents work together.
- Polaris is a community that includes students, staff and parents.
- Learning for life happens when students are engaged and participate in authentic and meaningful experiences.
- Learning takes place in a variety of settings in addition to the classroom.
- Students have the freedom and the responsibility to create their own unique educational options.
- Students who are intrinsically motivated to learn lead more fulfilling lives.
- Students become independent, life-long learners by taking an active role in educational decisions and in the governance of their school.
- Everyone is a teacher.
- Community members encourage and model excellence.
- Community members foster relationships, which respect and honor self, community, and world.
- Positive, caring relationships between community members support the learning process.
- Community input regarding Polaris policies is valued and expected.
- Teachers guide students’ academic choices by providing developmentally appropriate activities.
- Varied teaching methods accommodate diverse learning style.