Parking Lot Drop Off and Pick Up
Please follow the guidelines below regarding Alpenglow’s parking lot procedures:
- The speed limit on school grounds is 5 MPH.
- Drop students off between 8:45-9:00 a.m.
- Pick students up between 3:30-3:45 p.m.
- Pull all the way forward to the bumper of the vehicle in front of you.
- Have students ready to exit the car from the PASSENGER SIDE ONLY upon pulling up to the curb.
- Parents should never exit the vehicle in the drop off lane.
- Use turn signals.
- Cell phone usage while driving is not permitted.
- Tobacco use on campus is not permitted.
- Stay with your car in the drop-off/pick u p zone. Unattended vehicles are subject to towing.
- If you park in the lot, please use the crosswalk to meet your child.
- If you are dropping your child off at Campfire, please park in the lot if you are getting out to escort. DO NOT leave your car unattended in the drop off lane.
- Please observe the handicapped parking spots. These are NOT for drop off and pick up unless you have a license plate or card that indicates you have a need for the space.
Thank you for modeling safe and respectful driving while on campus. PLEASE remember that the teachers who are on duty are out there for the safety of all of the children in our school. Give them a smile and if they need to talk with you, please treat them with courtesy and respect. This is all in the interest of safety for our Alpenglow families.
Morning Drop Off
The red painted zone is an "active" drop off and pick up zone only and is a fire lane as well. Do not get out of your vehicle. Please have your child ready to hop out of your vehicle, on the passenger side, with backpack in hand. Waiting in the active loading zone to make sure your child is ready to enter the building or walking around to the back stops the flow of traffic, causing traffic to back up onto Driftwood Bay Drive, and prevents other students from getting to class on time. If you want to make sure your child enters the classroom, park your vehicle in the parent parking area and walk your child to their designated entry door.
Afternoon Front Pick Up
When picking up your child at the end of the day, pull as far forward as possible in the "active" lane. Do not get out of your vehicle. Your child should be able to safely get in on the passenger side and buckle themselves in. If they require assistance, park in the parent parking lot and meet them at their designated exit door.
Afternoon Back Pick Up
When picking up your child at the end of the day pull around the circle to the end of the building. Your child should wait and be picked up from the sidewalk curb closest to the building. Do not get out of your vehicle. Your child should be able to safely get in on the passenger side and buckle themselves in. If they require assistance, park in the parent parking lot at the front of the building and meet them at their designated exit door. Students are not allowed to walk into the traffic circle or play on the playground during pick up times.
Arrival and Departure
Students should arrive at school no earlier than 8:45 a.m. Staff members prepare for the day's lessons in the morning and cannot supervise children on the playground or in the school. Students will be permitted to enter the school when the first bell rings at 8:45 a.m. It is very important for students to be here by 9:00 a.m. They need those 10 minutes to get settled before instruction begins at 9:00 a.m. Research shows us that the first several minutes of the instructional day is critical for setting the tone for the remainder of the day. Designated grade level entry/exit doors will be used. Students are expected to exit the building at 3:30 p.m. and go directly home. Students may return after 4:00 p.m. once they have checked in at home.