How does Aquarian communicate with you?
Our community strives to be paperless in our communication but we don’t want you to be out of “the loop.” The following resources and Q&A were developed to give you clarity about how to access information at Aquarian.
Social Media:...pictures, news, events
Teachers are expected to email a classroom update at least once a week. In addition to classroom news our teachers occasionally forward news from the whole community.
The office uses BlackBoard Mass Notifications to email, text, and phone call our newsletter, community event info, important updates, and notes from the principal. Please make sure your email and phone contacts are accurate to insure delivery of information from the office.
General Email Etiquette for our community:
The following brief guidelines are recommended for our community based on our years of experience and our cultural trend to all online communication.
1. Teachers often return late night email but it is not a school expectation. Please allow 24-48 hours for an email response. We typically get interrupted with face-to-face kid, parent, and colleague conversations just as frequently as email.
2. We solve very small problems in email such as: what was the homework assignment number?, is this due this week?, do you still have room on the field trip?, etc.
3. We don’t solve complex problems in email. Please email us a very short synopsis of the problem and we will make a time to meet and discuss the matter face-to-face. A general rule of thumb is that an email over a paragraph should be saved for a face-to-face
Where do I go to find out what events are happening?
● Aquarian Calendar : https://aquarian.asdk12.org/calendar/
● Like us on Facebook
● Stay tuned to your classroom teacher’s email
● Insure accurate phone and email contact info with the office
How do I find important dates?
Anchorage School District yearly calendar : https://www.asdk12.org/calendar/#d.en.6142
● This is a great place to find holiday breaks, in-service days, and professional release
**This is a living document. If you did not get the information you need from this document please contact Mr. Saltzman (email@example.com , 742-4900) and we will update the info ASAP!