AKChoice Virtual Learning is an ASD program whose mission is to provide accessible online learning opportunities to high school students across the district. Our virtual classes provide students with choice and flexibility of course selection through a full catalog of challenging core and elective classes. Successful completion of each class earns one semester (.5) credit.
At AKChoice Virtual Learning you can expect to find the following distinguishing characteristics.
- Most core classes are NCAA approved. (See more under course listings)
- Classes are taught by certified ASD teachers who are knowledgeable in the assigned subject area. A few of our language classes are taught by out-of-district certified teachers.
- Classes are rigorous and require authentic student work to show learning and understanding.
- Classes are flexible in nature but hold students accountable to stay on track with paced out due dates.
- Classes utilize anti-plagiarism software and/or proctoring software to ensure academic integrity.
- Most classes sync to Q Parent Connect and offer Canvas Parent Observer Accounts.
Learn more about our course offerings..