- Immunizations Required
- Immunization Clinics
- Obtaining Shot or TB Records
- Immunization Forms
- School Entry
- Medication Related Forms
- Action Plans/Accommodations
- Special Nursing Services/Treatments
- Request for Release of Records
- Sports Physicals
- Illness or Injury
- Medication Administration
- Outdoor Recess
- School Physicals
- Special Needs or Treatments
- Starting the Day
- TB Skin Testing
Topics of interest
Fact sheet (World Health Organization) November 2016
- Seasonal influenza is an acute viral infection that spreads easily from person to person.
- Seasonal influenza viruses circulate worldwide and can affect people in any age group.
- In temperate climates, seasonal epidemics occur mainly during winter while in tropical regions, influenza seasonality is less obvious and epidemics can occur throughout the year.
- Seasonal influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illness and death in high risk populations.
- An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity and strained health services.
- Influenza vaccination is the most effective way to prevent disease.
- Antiviral drugs are available for treatment, though influenza viruses can develop resistance to the drugs.
The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated this season.
Influenza Vaccine Consent Form
(Updates pending CDC recommendations. Expected to be finalized in August of 2017).
Bedbugs are a nuisance, but are not known to spread disease. Learn more about bedbugs and how to protect against them in the handout below.
- Bedbug flier
- Bedbugs 101: Information Everyone Should Know
- Alaska Dept. of Health & Social Services bedbug page with links to many resources
- State of Alaska Pesticide Control Program
- Bedbug protocol for nurses
- Bed Bugs for School Kids
- Getting the Bed Bugs Out Guide
ASD revised its procedures regarding head lice control in 2009.
The proliferation of Energy drinks, which may contain more than 10 times the caffeine found in regular sodas, has prompted concern about the side effects from consuming these beverages.
- Healthy school celebrations
- Wellness at ASD
- Health Choices for Our Students
- National Health Observances (2017)
- Concussion Guidelines
- Concussion Fact Sheet and Parent Acknowledgement Form for sports activities only
- Student Referral for Impact Post-Concussion Testing
- Concussion Patient Medical Return to Play Release
- Online Concussion training for Nurses