Immunizations are required for students.
- List of required immunizations
- Free immunization clinics
- General information
- Sports physicals
- Forms for students new to ASD
- Special meals
- Asthma action plans
- Diabetes care plans
- Injured or ill students
- Medication administration
- School physicals
- Special needs
Topics of interest
Whooping cough prevention
Free vaccinations to protect against pertussis (whooping cough) have been made available to adults and children by the Alaska Immunization Program.
Pertussis is a very contagious, vaccine-preventable, respiratory disease that can cause serious and sometimes life-threatening complications. There has been a huge surge of the disease especially in California.
Additional information and a voucher for services in Anchorage and Eagle River can be found in this informational flier.
Bedbugs are a nuisance, but are not known to spread disease. Learn more about bedbugs and how to protect against them in the handout below.
- Bedbug flier
- Bedbugs 101: Information Everyone Should Know
- Alaska Dept. of Health & Social Services bedbug page with links to many resources
- State of Alaska Pesticide Control Program
- Bedbug protocol for nurses
- Bed Bugs for School Kids
- Bed Bugs Epi Bulletin
- Getting the Bed Bugs Out Guide
The proliferation of Energy drinks, which may contain more than 10 times the caffeine found in regular sodas, has prompted concern about the side effects from consuming these beverages.
ASD revised its procedures regarding head lice control in 2009.