Students must be up-to-date with all state required immunizations.
Please submit all immunization records during online registration or provide them to the school nurse.
If a student has no immunization record, they must have the following prior to starting school;
- One dose of DTP/DT/Tdap, Polio, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and MMR vaccine;
- Preschool - 6th grade must also receive a varicella vaccine;
- Preschool must also receive a Hib vaccine.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to maintain compliance with the State of Alaska Immunization Requirements by scheduling all additional doses as needed for their child.
- Immunization Clinics - Clinic locations, dates, and times change frequently. Please call the clinic to confirm.
- The school nurse may be available to administer immunizations at school. An immunization consent form (HERE) is required for the school nurse to administer immunizations.
Complete and submit the following forms if you are seeking an exemption for your child.
- Medical Exemption - A physician's statement on the State Medical Exemption form is required if there are medical reasons a child cannot be vaccinated.
- Military - Federal law allows for a 30-day provision.
- Child in Transition - Federal law allows for a 30-day provision.
- Religious Exemption - form must be notarized and submitted each school year.
Students non-compliant with immunization requirements risk being excluded from school. http://www.legis.state.ak.us/basis/aac.asp#4.06.055.