News and events
World Language Immersion Programs
Key dates for fall lottery:
- April 1, 2016 - Lottery system will begin accepting applications for the 2016/2017 lottery.
- July 28, 2016, 5 p.m. – Application deadline for lottery.
- July 29, 2016 – Date of lottery.
- Aug. 1 - Aug 3, 2016 – Schools validate accepted and wait lists.
- Aug. 3, 2016 – Parent notification of lottery results. Both accepted and wait-listed families will be notified. Parents will have 2 school days (48 hours) after notification to accept or decline results of lottery.
- Aug. 3, 2016 - Lottery system will reopen for applications.
Explore the academic benefits of language learning and learn more about immersion programs.
Parents & community
Parents, the community and our business partners all play an important role in the success of our students.
- Academic Plans
Lead with Languages
Lead with Languages is a campaign powered by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). Watch the video to learn more:
The World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages were developed through a collaborative project by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) and many other organizations interested in foreign language education.
ASD Education Center
Anchorage, AK 99504-3135