World Language Immersion Programs
Key Dates for Spring 2017 Lottery
January 1: Lottery system starts accepting applications
March 23: 5:00PM Deadline for Lottery Applications
March 24: Date of Lottery
March 27-31: Schools validate accepted and wait lists
March 31: Parent notification of lottery results. Both accepted and wait-listed families will be notified. Parents will have two school days (48 Hours) after notification to accept or decline results of lottery.
March 31: Lottery system will reopen for applications for the 2017-2018 lottery.
*A second lottery will be held in July 2017 (details to follow).
- Japanese Partial Immersion Program K-12
- Russian Partial Immersion Program K-12
- German Partial Immersion Program K-8
- Spanish Two-Way Immersion Program K-12
- Spanish Partial Immersion Program K-12
- Chinese Partial Immersion Program K-1
Explore the academic benefits of language learning and learn more about immersion programs.
Parents & Community
Parents, the community and our business partners all play an important role in the success of our students.
Teachers can find resources for use in the classroom or when planning student travel.
K-12 Immersion Programs
- Word Travelers Language Camp
- Tomo No Kai
- Consular Office of Japan in Anchorage
- UAA Confucius Institute
- UAA Montgomery Dickson Center for Japanese Language & Culture
- Primrose Garden Pre-school/After-school Program
- World Trade Center Anchorage
- Japanese Society of Alaska
- Alaska World Affairs Council
- UAA Department of Languages
- The Alaska Chinese Association