National Honor Society
More Than an Honor Roll
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier student recognition program.
Academic achievement is a core component of NHS, but today’s students need much more than just good grades to get ahead. Local chapters, working together with the national office, promote four pillars of excellence - Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service - and strive to help students improve in all four areas. FPCS's NHS's focus on service, leadership, and character helps students build the skills and relationships that will ensure success throughout their academic years and beyond.
If you're interested in joining Family Partnership Charter School's National Honor Society, you must:
- be enrolled full time with FPCS,
- be in the 2nd semester of your Sophomore year,
- have a minimum GPA of 3.5,
- submit a candidate form and be approved by the FPCS NHS Faculty Council
National Honor Society Candidate Checklist:
- Candidate Eligibility Form - Fill out the NHS candidacy eligibility form. This form will include your personal statement essay, your service history, and leadership history. Please make sure to complete it in it's entirety.
- Two Candidate Teacher Evaluation/Recommendation/Signature Forms - NHS Teacher Recommendation Form . You must have two complete teacher evaluation forms. One from a sponsor teacher also confirming your GPA, and one from a community member, parent, or another teacher. Please allow your teachers time to complete this evaluation by giving it to them as soon as possible. Ask that teacher/community member to return the completed evaluation form in a sealed envelope. They can mail them directly to Advisor Theriault c/o Family Partnership Charter School, 4400 Business Park Blvd., Ste. B-22, Anchorage AK 99503, or hand deliver to the office, or give back to you for you to deliver. It may be a good idea to provide them with an envelope.
- Candidacy Declaration Form - Declaration of Candidacy Form (print here and return to office, sponsor teacher, or NHS advisor signed by candidate and parent/guardian).
- Applications are due by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, March 21st, 2022.
For More Information
Shelby Theriault - Advisor