To be a successful online learning, it is up to students to establish good independent learning habits. Though online classes are flexible, they aren't without expectations. All assignments are scheduled out with set due dates to ensure students finish by the end of the semester. The estimated amount of time to complete an online class is 30-60-40 hours. The following recommendations will help ensure student success:
- login to online classes daily. All classes are Canvas based unless noted.
- use Chrome for all online classes.
- update Adobe reader to edit pdf files in some classes (free updates at www.adobe.com)
- maintain an accurate email address in both Q and Canvas student profile
- notify instructors of any planned vacations or absences
- review and revisit orientation quiz for help
- communicate weekly with the instructor
- devote several hours a day to work on the class
- follow the pacing guide as closely as possible in order to finish the class by the end of the term
- avoid procrastination; no extensions will be granted
- avoid copying and pasting from the Internet or from other students’ work; refer to our Academic Integrity policy