Have your student spend 15 minutes reading to someone at home. When they have finished, they should retell the important events of the story.
Students can write 4-5 sentences about what they think their teacher is doing today while they are at home.
Spelling Pictionary - Your student draws a picture that goes with one of their spelling words to see if someone at home can guess it! Repeat this with more of their words.
Students can write a mini-book about a favorite topic. They can include pictures and captions.
Practice skip counting as a family: One person chooses which number to start from, another chooses whether to count forward or backward, and another chooses what to count by. Example: Let’s count forward by threes, starting with 3.
Count change: Gather a collection of coins and bills (real, fake or drawn on paper). Have your child sort and count how much in all.
Cooking with Math: Talk about how to make sure everyone gets a fair share during lunch or dinner time.
unplugged & paperless
Watch BrainPopJr videos and do the quizzes
- Go for a walk and observe the different trees - how are the leaves different?
- Play “eye spy”
- Cook together & explore measurement in the kitchen
Explore the Elementary Health Choice Boards to watch videos and learn more about you’re your body works!
- Make healthy snack and talk about how it fuels your body.
- Explore your home and yard to identify safety features and things to watch out for.
- Read the nutrition labels on several food products. Learn about the nutritional content and serving sizes.
Get your heart pumping and your body moving by selecting one or more of the videos from our Daily 54 & More for 3-6 collection.
- Dance Party Fun!
- Superhero Workouts
- Go Noodle
- Fitness videos and more!
- Turn on your favorite tunes and have a family dance party.
- Make an indoor obstacle course.
- Go outside to play or take a walk.
- Find a partner and take turns mirroring their body movements, stretches, exercises, and/or acting out different sporting activities.
Watch BrainPop videos and do the quiz
Choose from the following activities:
- Make a card for someone in your household.
- Draw something in your house from observation
- Design your dream house
Choose one of activities:
- Sing one of your favorite songs to someone in your household
- Make an instrument out of something at your home