Winterberry Hybrid Program
Enjoy a blended learning option in a multi-age class with an experienced Waldorf teacher.
Winterberry’s Hybrid Program is a favorite of parents who want more flexibility and direct involvement with their child’s education. Students and families have the option of attending class with multi-age peers led by the Hybrid teacher. Students then continue grade-level specific learning at home delivered by their parent-teacher. Our program provides all the supplies and access to resources you need to provide a holistic, “head, heart, hands,” Waldorf-inspired education at home. Parents and families are welcome to participate in class as little or as much as desired.
Enriching Specialty Classes
The class meets Monday-Friday with early dismissal on Thursdays with a variety of enrichment.
- Connection to Nature: circle time, outdoor playtime, nature walks
- Art: watercolor painting, guided drawing, storytelling
- Weekly Field Trips: Alaska Botanical Garden, outdoor adventures
- Handwork: fiber arts, woodworking
- Languages: Spanish, German, French
- Music: choral singing, pentatonic flute, recorder, potentially strings
- Movement: physical and imaginative play, mindfulness, Native Youth Olympics, folk dance, Pentathlon, Circus arts and performance
- Grade 6-8 Sports: cross country running and ski team
This program serves parents who want to educate their own children and also desire belonging in Winterberry’s beautiful, Waldorf-inspired community. Community-building and parent collaboration are core components of this program. There are many opportunities for parents and students to interact, to get to know one another, to build relationships, offer support and to PLAY! Parent gatherings/workshops are facilitated by the Hybrid teacher to support families who wish to deepen their practice of educating and parenting with greater intention.
Hybrid families also enjoy Winterberry’s schoolwide fundraisers, events and seasonal celebrations like the fall Festival of Courage, winter Lantern Walk, Solstice Spiral Walk, and spring Mayfest. These events and festivities renew our whole school community with a close connection to the changes in our natural world and to each other.
Families enjoy the expert leadership and guidance of Ms. Maria Klein, an experienced Waldorf teacher. The principles of Waldorf education evolve from an understanding of child development and prioritizes the needs of the growing child. The Hybrid Program allows for the gentle unfolding of each child, in effort to develop healthy, resilient human beings. Our Hybrid teacher is available to help families put their curriculum and high-quality materials into practice. This way, parents craft inspiring, grade-specific lessons for their child. Regular parent-teacher conferences cultivate this partnership. And a variety of collaborative parent classes/workshops led by Waldorf-experienced faculty help parents grow as their child's first teacher.
- Printable Flyer about Winterberry Hybrid Program.
- Learn More: Contact Hybrid Teacher Ms. Maria Klein.
- Come and See! Contact Winterberry’s front office to learn more or schedule a tour (907) 742-0139.