REGISTRATION FOR 2023-2024
with questions regarding registration at Hanshew.
Online Registration dates for returning ASD is April 24th - August 18th! ASD is offering an Online Pre-Enrollment option for those new-to-District families and former ASD students, who would prefer to enroll their students from the comfort of their home, work, or anywhere! Pre-Enrollment opens July 15th. Click Here to pre-enroll your child. In-person registration will be tentively held at all Anchorage School District Secondary schools. All students must register prior to the beginning of school; please use the following schedule:
Tuesday, August 1st (8:00-11 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, August 2nd (8:00-11:00 a.m. and 12:00-3:00 p.m.)
Families out of town on these dates may register online or at school upon their return.
New to ASD or Hanshew Returning ASD Students
What do I need to bring with me?
- Current immunization records.
- Proof of Age such as birth certificate, passport, foreign visa, Homeland
Security Card or Immigration and Naturalization Service card.
- Unofficial transcripts from former school.
- Proof of Municipality of Anchorage residency such as a utility bill or
purchase agreement with your residence address.
- Current IEP and Eligibility Reports required if applicable.
- Any person other than the legal guardian who is registering children
should bring proof of temporary guardianship.
ASD Forms to be completed in their entirety:
- Enrollment Form
- Directory Consent
- Media Release
- Migrant Education Form
- Bilingual/Parent Language Questionnaire
- Title VI Indian Education Form
- Health History
- Income Declaration Form
- Student Housing Questionnaire
- ASD Student Handbook Acknowledgement
- Free and Reduce Meals Application
These documents can all be found on the district's Enrollment website. Forms may be downloaded. The website and forms are available in English, Hmong, Korean, Samoan, Spanish, and Tagalog at asdk12.org.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing your students!