The attached brochures offer information about programs at Hanshew. Click on the links for documents that provide information from each department.
Hanshew Academic Programs:
Language Arts Programs
Social Studies Programs
Band, Choir, & Orchestra Electives
Foreign Language Programs (Spanish)
Computer Technology (CTE) Programs Video (click to watch!)
Applied Technology & Computer Technology Programs Info
Physical Education & Health Electives
Special Education Services
Migrant Education Services &
Migrant Education Qualifications
Indian Education Services
Transition Programs To/From Hanshew
Below is information about the transition from 6th grade to middle school and from 8th grade into high school. During spring semester, 8th grade students will attend orientations from some high school programs; many of these programs require applications be submitted before the end of 8th grade, so please review these options with your 8th graders.
6th Graders Transitioning to Middle School:
Video: What to Expect in Middle School
Video: Virtual Hanshew Tour
7th Grade Choice Sheet
Hawks Camp for incoming 7th graders will be August 4, 2023.
7th Graders Moving to 8th Grade:
8th Grade Choice Sheet
8th Graders Transitioning to High School:
Make sure to visit the Service High School 9th grade information page on choosing elective courses and programs as well as a virtual tour of Service. High school information can be found on individual high school websites; however, information is evolving. For the most accurate and updated information, please connect with high school counselors and/or administrators.
HMS Directions for Online Course Request
Students in middle school will complete school year 2023-24 elective course requests online using StudentConnect during a specific window of time depending on grade.
Log into your Student Connection account.
If you have two tracks, i.e., your current school, and another school, select the track for the upcoming school year 2023-2024
Example: Spring Hill (current school) 2022-2023 - Hanshew (next school year) 2023-2024 is what you should select.
- Select the “Requests” tab on the left side menu.
- Click the “Add/Edit Requests” on the top right side of the section.
- The course list window will appear below. When a course is selected, there will be a course description to the right (not all courses will have a description).
- Select the course that is your first choice, then click “Add Selected Class” (Remember that the order you select your courses will delegate the priority of your choices). *Leave Alternate For and other fields blank
- Continue with step 6 until you have entered all of your choices in order then click the “Submit” button at the top of the window.
Course request windows have been standardized across schools and will remain open during the following dates:
- 01/30 - 02/10: Incoming 7th Graders
- 02/13 - 03/03: Incoming 8th Graders
- 03/06 - 03/24: Incoming Freshman
Once students have entered elective course requests, parents/guardians can log into Q ParentConnect and view the selections. To view student course requests:
- Log into Q ParentConnect, then select the 2023-2024 track.
- Click the (+) sign next to Requests, located on the left side of the screen.
- Note: Parents will not have the ability to edit course selections. This must be done via Student Connection within the course request window dates.
- Students will be able to edit their selections until the end of their course request window by logging into their StudentConnect account. After the window has closed, please turn in a paper form or contact your school counselor for any changes.
Please note: These are course requests, not a preview of student schedules:
- Final schedules in the fall may vary depending on enrollment, staffing, and seat availability.
- Master schedules and course offerings will be finalized over the summer and schedules will be available in August during registration.