About Our Cooperative Correspondence Program
Come Grow With Us!
Our unique school combines the structure of the ASD with the home-school philosophy of individualized learning. The intent of PAIDEIA Cooperative School is to provide an opportunity for a partnership between home schooling parents and the ASD in order to give students a flexible and customized academic experience. This provides an opportunity for students to have some or all of his/her education provided by a parent in the home, in conjunction with certified teachers, tutors, small group classes, and online classes, etc.
P.A.I.D.E.I.A. Cooperative School is a K-12 culture of academic innovation and adaptation, offering a personalized, customizable and blended learning plan for passion driven students and families. Some of the options available are:
- Attending up to 3 classes at local ASD schools.
- Coordinating business partnerships, internships, or mentorship.
- Project-based learning in a collaborative community.
- Small on-site classes (10-15 students) for CORE course options.
- 100's of online class options to choose from.
- Pre-approved, pre-arranged credit options for family developed plans and life experiences.
Interested families should complete the following FORM as the lottery is currently closed.
What is our Mission?
PAIDEIA Cooperative School’s mission is to provide a cooperative, yet individualized, learning environment where students can pursue and develop their passions while inspiring academic success, a love of learning, respect for others, and community involvement. These key components will lead to students becoming critical thinkers, problem solvers, effective communicators, and contributing members of society with readiness for a lifetime of fulfillment and service in the 21st Century.
Who might be interested in PAIDEIA?
- Students who are looking for opportunities to work at their own pace with the guidance and support of an ASD teacher.
- Students who need flexibility in their day/semester due to other commitments (sports, travel, performance).
- Students who are looking to design a program based on their interests.
- Students who like/desire a smaller atmosphere/setting with more contact from an ASD teacher.
- Students who are motivated learners and can work independently to accomplish tasks within specific time frames.
When do students access classes?
Once accepted into PAIDEIA, families will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor to develop an Academic Learning Plan to identify classes to take during the year.
- K-8 classes will be offered on site Monday – Thursday from 9:15 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- High School classes will be offered between 9:15 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Monday & Wednesday or Tuesday & Thursday.
Our programis part of the ASD and is housed in Central Middle School, located 1405 E St, Anchorage, AK; 99501.
P.A.I.D.E.I.A is an acronym for Passionately Accommodating Individual Desires, Enhancing Independent Achievement. The word paideia comes from the Greek language and means the whole training and education of children relating to the cultivation of mind and morals. It includes the training of the physical and mental faculties in such a way as to produce a broad, enlightened, and mature outlook harmoniously combined for the maximum cultural development of the student.