Every student prepared to navigate their own frontier...
Parents are the primary instructors at Frontier Charter School. Frontier's program supports the homeschool philosophy that one of the primary reasons parents choose to homeschool their children is their belief that they can help each of their children achieve academic excellence. This belief stems from the fact that they are willing and able to give education top priority and that they can build an individualized learning plan that meets the needs of each child.
• We provide resources in support of your educational values and goals.
• We offer the greatest level of freedom to choose the curriculum that you want.
• Need an instructional vendor? At Frontier, you choose the vendor that you want.
• Academic advising: as much as you want; as little as you need.
• Access to Anchorage School District (ASD) schools and programs, sports and activities.
• Earn an ASD high school diploma.
• NCAA approved curriculum available.
• Use your funding at UAA or other universities.
Options for Middle and High School
• Dual Enrollment: Continue taking a few classes at your neighborhood school.
• A flexible program that makes it possible to learn from almost anywhere.
• The option to use online curriculum and virtual classroom learning.
• Get a jump start on college! Take courses that earn both high school and college credits simultaneously.
• A learning plan customized to your career path and interests.
"Are you a high school student behind in credits, trying to catch up?"
In addition to the above, we offer:
• A weekly learning lab where middle and high school students can complete coursework and discuss progress.
• Personalized tutoring.
• 12-month school year.
• Credit recovery assistance.