Frontier Charter School is a learning organization that helps families teach students to take responsibility for their own learning. Frontier serves full-time homeschooling families in the Anchorage School District who are pursuing academic excellence.
Students may choose to work entirely at home or they may include supplementary classes held at other educational institutions and community resources.
Frontier Charter School has earned AdvancED (Advancing Excellence in Education) Accreditation, meeting the highest standards of educational management. As noted by AdvancED, the accreditation process breeds a culture dedicated to excellence—never satisfied with good, always striving for greatness.
Parents and children benefit from:
- Personalized learning through Individualized Learning Plan
- Homeschool parents serve on the Academic Policy Committee and as School Principal
- Parent choice in curriculum
- Access to ASD School District schools and programs, sports and activities
- Free tutoring at Frontier Charter School
- Funds can be used for tutoring and private lessons
- Reimbursements for out-of-pocket expenses
- Funds for internet at home
- Online, computer-based, and traditional homeschool curriculum choices
- Parent and student workshops
- Charter school status
- Anchorage School District high school diploma
- AdvancEd Accreditation
- Clubs and Socials such as the Educational App Social for parents, student Lego Club, Geography Club, 3D Printer & Modeling Clubs