A recent lab at Frontier Charter School with Miss Ruth.
We Support Home Educators
Introducing Jerry Finkler Principal of Frontier Charter School
Jerry is a long time Alaskan resident with 21 years of experience homeschooling his children. He understands the needs of the area's homeschooling parents and is committed to providing resources, flexibility and customer service. Jerry is thrilled to be the principal of Frontier Charter School, partnering with parents to help each Frontier student achieve their fullest potential.
Parents are the primary instructors at Frontier Charter School. Frontier's program supports the homeschool philosophy that one of the primary reasons parents choose to homeschool their children is their belief that they can help each of their children achieve academic excellence. This belief stems from the fact that they are willing and able to give education top priority and that they can build an individualized learning plan that meets the needs of each child.
Homeschool "The Frontier Way"
See how we are unique
- At Frontier Charter School we provide resources in support of YOUR education values and goals.
- We offer the greatest level of freedom to choose the curriculum that YOU want.
- Need an instructional vendor? At Frontier, you choose the vendor that YOU want.
- Parents are completely welcome to use faith-based materials as they develop an educational experience that best fits the needs of their child.
- Academic advising: as much as you want and as little as you need.
Frontier families benefit from
- Access to Anchorage School District schools and programs, sports and activities.
- Earn an Anchorage School District high school diploma.
- NCAA approved curriculum available.
- AdvancEd accredited.
- Use your funding at UAA or APU (Our students do well at UAA and APU).
Take time out to reflect on how your child learns
An important way Frontier is distinguished from other home school programs in Alaska is through the offering of Learning Profiles for students. This personalized selection of assessments, designed to discover a child's unique learning strengths and challenges, provides parents with a better understanding of how their child learns. Homeschool parents can then select the curriculum that best fits their child's learning style and keeps the child engaged. The Frontier Learning Profile supports our commitment to our mission of assisting parents "to help students take responsibility for their learning." Survey results from parents reveal that the Frontier Learning Profile has positively impacted the home learning environment, and, given parents a tool with which they can customize their required individual learning plans in a more meaningful way.
Frontier helps you inspire your math student
- Customize your math class. Choose the best curriculum for each child using the Frontier Learning Profile to best understand how your child's mind is mapped to learn.
- We provide funding for at-home tutors and math classes at local schools.
- We use Key Math and other tools to help determine where your student needs specific help.
- Personalized math tutoring is available at both Anchorage and Eagle River locations.