Dentists depend on their dental assistants to be knowledgeable, anticipate their needs, and assist in providing quality care for their patients.
Please note: The student must continue taking and financing all remaining required courses for the certificate after high school graduation.
UAA Dental Certificate/Degree: Undergraduate certificate (31 credits) and associate of science degree (60 credits) with certification testing after completion of the program. Students will take 1-2 college courses per semester and are predetermined by UAA and ASD.
College Courses: Courses below must be taken in the order listed below unless noted otherwise.
- UNIV A150 Strategies for College Success
- DA A101 Essentials of Dentistry
- DA A102 Infection Control in Dentistry
- DA A103 Dental Auxiliary Professions
- DA A110 Dental Radiography Lab
- DA A110l Dental Radiography Lab
- DA A130 Chairside Techniques
- DA A195 Clinical Practicum
College General Education Courses: These courses are taken when the student's schedule allows and must not exceed two college courses per semester.
AMCS Courses: The specific program courses are taken at King Tech High School when students are not attending their college courses. Students enroll in these courses when appropriate. See the description below.
- Advisory class (mandatory college transition course in the program's first semester).
- Junior seminar (college and career exploration and planning) is taken during the junior's spring semester in the program.
- Senior seminar (college applications, scholarships, essays, and financial aid) is taken during the fall or spring semester of the senior school year.
High School Courses: Students register for three am or pm courses at the student's home high school each semester.