Parents, Teachers, and Students Association
Welcome to Jane Mears Middle School from the Mears Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA). We have an amazing Administrative Staff, Teaching Staff, Support Staff and Students! For those who are unfamiliar with the Mears PTSA, our Mission is provide enrichment programs for students, provide a resource for parents to stay in touch with the school, provide support for Mears staff, to facilitate positive Middle School memories for ALL our children by sponsoring fun events, and to facilitate unity in our community. We invite and welcome you to join us as a member!
The Mears PTSA also has a new website! Visit us at www.mearsptsa.com
“By joining the PTSA, you will have a better understanding of the workings of Mears Middle School and will have voting rights and influence over the spending of PTSA funds. Your child will benefit too, as your involvement will show your child you are involved in his/her education.” To join go to www.mearsptsa.com, scroll down to the Mears PTSA Membrship section.
There are two main channels that PTSA uses to raise funds to support their mission: the operation of the school store / Black Cat Cafe and the selling of memory books. The Mears School Store is staffed with parent volunteers and the Black Cat Cafe is part of the School Business Partnership class.
All of our Board Members can be contacted at MearsMS.PTSA@gmail.com
April Eide: 907-205-1401
1st Vice President and President Elect (Memory Book, 8th Grade Bash):
2nd Vice President (Hospitality, Dances):
School Store Volunteer Coordinator:
Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of the month, at 6:30 PM, in the Mears library. All members and children are welcome.
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, September 17, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the library
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:30 PM in the library