The foundation of online learning is Academic integrity.
As the basis for learning and instruction, there are a variety of tools that we use to ensure the integrity of student work.
Tools used to determmine academic integrity.
- Turnitin.com - This Internet tool compares student work against a variety of databases. This database compares students’ work against other students’ work, as well as work found on the Internet.
- Q– ASD student Information System - Q visits serves to maintain a record of student integrity incidents or violations and this information is used to monitor the number of student integrity issues.
- Teacher Experience - Online instructors have extensive classroom experience. Their expertise is often a guide in identifying the level of originality in student work.
- Proctored Exams - Most core classes require unit and semester finals to be proctored via Zoom
- Anonymous Contacts - Community members, guidance counselors, parents, and students can call or email any academic integrity-related issue anonymously.