The school’s Health Office is staffed by registered nurse. The office is open from 7 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. every school day. Except in the case of an emergency, a student must have a pass to enter the Health Office.
The following services are available through the Health Office:
- emergency treatment of injuries sustained at or near the school
- vaccination verification
- dispensing prescription medication to students*
- administration of TB tests
- vision and hearing screening for tenth-grade students and new-to-district students
- monitoring of students with chronic illnesses
*Prescription medications must be brought to the Health Office in the original RX container. Our nurse will dispense medication only after the proper forms have been signed by a physician and/or parent. Students and parents should check with the Health Office regarding requirements that need to be followed prior to the dispensing of medication. Approved nonprescription medications that can be dispensed by the school nurse “are limited to over-the-counter medications and cold and cough preparations which do not contain alcohol.” If you have any questions related to the dispensing of medication at school, please do not hesitate to contact our school nurse at 742-6289.