All of the registration paperwork for high school sports is housed in a platform called Planet HS. Athletes need to compete the registration forms annually on PlanetHS.com each school year they participate in sports/activities. Completion of these forms is one part of the eligibility process. The other parts being fee payment and a grade check by the Activities Office. Eligibility is processed before the first day of practice. Athletes will need to make sure their Planet HS forms are completed in both the parent and athlete accounts, fee paid and come by to see Mrs. Cravens in the Activities Office BEFORE the first day of practice to receive their "golden ticket" required to participate.
The forms on planet HS for the 22/23 school year will be available on June 1. Fee payment can be made online through ParentConnect beginning in mid-July. The Activities Office will be open for grade checks and golden tickets starting on Monday, July 25, between 8am and 2pm. Athletes need to plan accordingly. If they don't have a golden ticket, they cannot participate.
The Anchorage School District has instituted an activity fee for all ASAA activities. The established fee for high school activities is $200.
The following guidelines apply to this fee:
- Those activities that “pay to play” include all ASAA competitive programs with the exception of Honors, Music, Solo ensemble and World Language Declamation.
- All fees are to be collected as part of the eligibility process at the beginning of the season for each sport.
- Any student that is not selected for the team will have the fee returned to them.
- The final team determination will be made and announced to students within the first five days of the season.
- No student is allowed to try out for the team without paying the fee or obtaining an approved activity fee waiver.
- Fees are collected according to standard district accounting procedures.
- Any student who is still participating after the date for the first contest in which that student could have competed is NOT eligible for a refund.
- Refunds must be requested from the activities office within five school days of that date.
- Students transferring within the district during a season are given credit at the receiving school for the pay to play fee.
- A student who qualifies for the free or reduced federal lunch program will be granted an activity fee waiver.
- There is no longer a Family Cap. There is an individual student cap of $400 per school year. There is no fee for participation in subsequent activities once a student reaches the individual student cap.
General Admission. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $8.00
* Students with Activity Stickers. . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
(all regular season ASD events)
Students—7th & 8th grade. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
Senior Citizens. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
Elementary & Pre-School. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE if accompanied by parent
*Activity stickers must be presented or general admission must be paid for both home and away events. Activity stickers will cost $50.00 each and will admit students to all ASD athletic contests including those designated at certain locations which are not on school property, i.e., Anchorage Football Stadium, Boeke Sports Arena, etc. Activity stickers will not admit students to the region tournament. Refunds for activity stickers of students leaving school will be $20.00 during the first semester only. Stickers may be purchased second semester for $30.00. Students without Activity Stickers will be charged $8.00 or full adult price.
All events will be charged at all levels except at ‘C’ team and ‘JV’ levels when not preceding a varsity contest; and where control of the gate is impossible.
The home school will admit without charge all competitors, cheerleaders (in uniform), coaches, and managers of the visiting school.Call/Email the Activities Office for more information at 742-6309 or email@example.com