-Complete Athletic Forms (for sports) or Activity Forms (for activities) in both the parent and student Planet HS accounts. If you are an incoming freshman or new to ASD please follow these instructions for creating your Planet HS accounts.
-Pay the fee online through your ParentConnection account.
-Forward your receipt to the Activities Clerk at email@example.com; she will reply letting you know if your athlete is eligible or what may be missing.
-Once verified as eligible, your athlete will be marked as such in Planet HS where the coach will be able to see your eligibility.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Activities Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 SOUTH ANCHORAGE HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
Minimum GPA Requirement: 2.00 from the previous semester and pass five classes.
First, and most importantly, the following must be completed BEFORE the first day of practice to confirm your student’s ability to participate.
- If you haven't already completed your Planet HS account (both parent and athlete) for this school year, please do that first. If you don’t yet have a Planet HS account, please create both a parent and athlete account (and link them together) at the following link: PlanetHS
- Pay the fee online through your Parentconnect account.
- After completing steps 1 and 2, your athlete needs to bring proof of payment (screenshot or copy of Receipt of Payment) to Kara Cravens in the Activities Office for confirmation of eligibility and to receive their “golden ticket” required for practice. Athletes cannot practice without a golden ticket to give to the coach. This tells the coach they are, indeed, eligible to participate. Please don't wait until the first day of practice to complete this process or you may not be able to participate that day, which could affect tryouts.
If you have any questions or need assistance with accessing your Planet HS account, please email Kara at email@example.com or call her at 742-6309 beginning July 23rd, between 8am-2pm.
The Anchorage School District has instituted an activity fee for all ASAA activities. The established fee for high school activities is $200.
The following guidelines apply to this fee:
- Those activities that “pay to play” include all ASAA competitive programs with the exception of Honors, Music, Solo ensemble and World Language Declamation.
- All fees are to be collected as part of the eligibility process at the beginning of the season for each sport.
- Any student that is not selected for the team will have the fee returned to them.
- The final team determination will be made and announced to students within the first five days of the season.
- No student is allowed to try out for the team without paying the fee or obtaining an approved activity fee waiver.
- Fees are collected according to standard district accounting procedures.
- Any student who is still participating after the date for the first contest in which that student could have competed is NOT eligible for a refund.
- Refunds must be requested from the activities office within five school days of that date.
- Students transferring within the district during a season are given credit at the receiving school for the pay to play fee.
- A student who qualifies for the free or reduced federal lunch program will be granted an activity fee waiver.
- There is no longer a Family Cap. There is an individual student cap of $400 per school year. There is no fee for participation in subsequent activities once a student reaches the individual student cap.
ASD ACTIVITY CHANGES
General Admission. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $8.00
* Students with Activity Stickers. . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
(all regular season ASD events)
Students—7th & 8th grade. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
Senior Citizens. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $5.00
Elementary & Pre-School. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . FREE if accompanied by parent
*Activity stickers must be presented or general admission must be paid for both home and away events. Activity stickers will cost $50.00 each and will admit students to all ASD athletic contests including those designated at certain locations which are not on school property, i.e., Anchorage Football Stadium, Boeke Sports Arena, etc. Activity stickers will not admit students to the region tournament. Refunds for activity stickers of students leaving school will be $20.00 during the first semester only. Stickers may be purchased second semester for $30.00. Students without Activity Stickers will be charged $8.00 or full adult price.
All events will be charged at all levels except at ‘C’ team and ‘JV’ levels when not preceding a varsity contest; and where control of the gate is impossible.
The home school will admit without charge all competitors, cheerleaders (in uniform), coaches, and managers of the visiting school.