All student parking permits are issued by the student services office. To purchase a parking permit a student can take the forms and information listed below to the student services secretary located in the main office.
The following must be provided before a permit can be issued:
- Alaska Vehicle Registration
- Insurance Card
- Driver’s License
- $110.00 cash or check – payable to SAHS
- The amount will be prorated for vehicle permits issued after 1st quarter.
- ASD Vehicle Registration Parking Form
- The form must be signed in front of a school official or notarized.
- All fees/fines must be paid before a permit is issued.
The use of a vehicle at South Anchorage High School is a privilege – not a right. This right may be revoked at the discretion of the school at any time. Tickets are to be paid in a timely manner (not to exceed 2 weeks). Any unpaid tickets may result in your vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
It is required that students drive safely and follow the guidelines listed on the Vehicle Registration Form and ASD Student Handbook:
- Student Parking in the South lot only – student vehicles parked in the visitor lots or staff lots will be ticketed.
- Permits must be on the rear view mirror at all times.
- $25.00 ticket will be issued to any vehicle not displaying a permit and/or parked illegally.
- $10.00 for a replacement permit.
- If at any time you are switching to another family vehicle, it is your responsibility to move the permit.
The parking permit must be displayed on your rear view mirror while parked at South. A $25.00 ticket will be issued to any vehicle not displaying a permit and/or parked illegally.
If at any time you switch to another family vehicle, it is your responsibility to move the permit.