Student NutritionHours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 348-5142; Free & Reduced Meal Information: (907) 348-5145 | Fax: (907) 348-5218Location: 1307 Labar Street Anchorage, Alaska 99515
- Provide healthy and balanced meals to students throughout the district
- Provide Free and Reduced Priced meals to qualifying applicants via National School Lunch Program sponsored by USDA
- Provide Free Breakfast and lunch to quaifying community eligible schools through USDA (C.E.P. Schools)
- District event catering
* Families may apply for free and reduced-price lunches at any time of the school year. If your family has lost job hours, experienced layoffs or had a change in circumstances, please visit student nutrition at to apply online. Please list all ASD students on the application. Email email@example.com if you need assistance with your application with your student’s ID number, DOB, First and Last Name and School.
Office Closed to the Public
Please do not deliver payments or Free & Reduced-price meal applications in-person to our schools, the Student Nutrition Center, or Education Center. Please use our online application for Free & Reduced-price meal benefits, you may also print and mail your application to the Student Nutrition Center at the below address. Credit and Debit card payments are accepted online through Parent Connection, checks may be mailed to the Student Nutrition Center at the below address, please ensure your student's name and ASD ID number or date of birth are listed in the Memo line of the check.
Student Nutrition Center
1307 Labar St.
Anchorage, AK 99515
Welcome to the Anchorage School District Department of Student Nutrition. Our mission is to provide healthy, nutritious and satisfying meals to students throughout the Anchorage School District and support the District’s goal to educate all students for success in life.
The meals, foods and beverages served at schools meet state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We want to serve meals that are not only healthy and good for growing minds and bodies but taste good too. We take pride in providing items that range from familiar brand name items you see at home to things we make from scratch in our central kitchen facility. Our staff takes great pride in the meals they make and serve every day! All meals, foods and beverages are prepared and served by qualified child nutrition professionals. We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.