Free and reduced price meals
Breakfast and lunch programs
The Anchorage School District provides free and reduced-priced meals for elementary, middle and high school students under the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program. Nutritious meals are served every school day.
Free and Reduced Price Meals application
The Online Application Portal for the 2017-2018 School Year is Now Open as of 7/12/2017
Online FRP applications are available in English and Spanish. (See below for translated versions in PDF format in additional languages of Hmong, Korean, Samoan and Tagalog.)
- Easy and fast - no need to print and mail or fax your application.
- Information required is the same as the paper application.
- Safe, secure and confidential.
Who is eligible?
- All students eat for free at these Community Eligible Provision (CEP) schools
- Abbott Loop
- AK Native Alternative
- Airport Heights
- Bartlett Highschool
- Begich Middle School
- Benson Secondary
- Central Middle School
- Chester Valley
- Clark Middle School
- College Gate
- East Highschool
- Government Hill
- Lake Otis
- Mountain View
- North Star
- Nunaka Valley
- Russian Jack
- Scenic Park
- Spring Hill
- Whaley Alternative
- Wendler Middle School
- Wonder Park
For those students who do not attend a CEP school The household size and income criteria listed below plus Permanent Fund Dividend information are used to determine eligibility. The income chart is adjusted each year by the federal government.
Your address: Student Nutrition sends meal application correspondence by U.S. Mail. It is critical that you verify your mailing address is correct in the Zangle ParentConnection student information system.
Free and reduced participant applications must be submitted every School Year
- The 2017-2018 school year begins July 1, 2017.
- Children from households whose size and income is at or below the criteria are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals for the school year effective July 1-June 30. Income plus Permanent Fund Dividend information will be totaled and actualized.
- A household or family is defined as a group of related or unrelated individuals who are living as one economic unit.
- Children who are members of households that are approved for Food Stamps or Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (SNAP), or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) are automatically eligible for free meals, but we must have an application or an electronic import.
- Foster children, as the legal responsibility of a welfare agency or court, may also be eligible for benefits regardless of the household income where they reside. Again, an application is required.
- You may apply for benefits anytime during the school year. If you are not eligible now, but have a change, such as decrease in household income, become unemployed (send written verification of same), an increase in household size or start to receive SNAP or TANF for your children, complete a new application.
Federal income chart for 2017-2018
For entry into the program, total household gross income - including PFD information - must be below the levels shown.
|Household size||Annual income||Monthly income||Twice per month||Every two weeks||Weekly income|
|For each additional family member, add:|
|Family size||Annual income||Monthly income||Twice per month||Every two weeks||Weekly income|
|For each additional family member, add:|
Some schools are designated as Community Eligible Provision Schools which allows those schools to feed all students for free without applications. However, if a student transfers within ASD to a regular, non-CEP school, the student must have an application on file with the district if the student wants to continue to participate in the free and reduced-price meal program. It is not necessary to complete a new application when transferring between regular district schools that are not classified as CEP schools.
For more information, or to get an application for free or reduced-price school meals, contact us at: Anchorage School District, 1307 Labar Street, Anchorage, Alaska 99515, call us at 907-348-5142 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org