Health & Physical Education
Mission: To provide students with the knowledge and application of health & physical education concepts and skills empowering students to assume lifelong responsibility to develop physical, social, and emotional wellness.
- 60 minutes of Health twice a month
- 90 minutes of Physical Education per week
- Two Semesters of 7th grade Physical Education
- One Semester of 8th grade Health and one semester of 8th grade Physical Education
- Three Semesters (1.5 credits) of Health/Physical Education required for graduation
Course offerings vary. Please contact your child's school for additional information.
Physical Education aims to develop students physical competence, knowledge, confidence and skills, especially those of collaboration, communication, and critical thinking, through a wide range of activities that nurture positive values and attitudes providing a good foundation for a healthy lifestyle.