Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4400 | Fax: (907) 742-4581
Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Oversee K-12 curriculum review, design, articulation, and implementation Lead curriculum review and adoption processes
- Support effective use of curricular materials aligned to adopted standards and research-based practices
- Provide professional development for teachers by specific content area
- Develop, review, revise, and support implementation of academic plans and coursework
- Collaborate closely with other ASD departments and local, state, and national entities to meet district goals by serving on work teams, advisory boards, and committees
- Support all school-based staff with curriculum and instruction issues.
- Develop and provide professional development related to curriculum, instruction, and assessment through credit courses, on site trainings, in-services, webinars, and one on one connections.
- Research to stay up to date, innovate, and prepare for other duties.
- Organize, coordinate, and support community events in all content areas such as musical performances, art shows, National History Day, jamborees, Math Derby, Young Writers’ Conference, and World Language Declamation, to name a few
- Support and collaborate with district-level School Business Partnerships
The Curriculum and Instruction Department is part of the Academic Services Division and is responsible for overseeing the District’s curriculum and programming in the following content areas: English Language Arts, Fine Arts, Gifted Education, Health/Physical Education, Libraries, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and World Languages. We partner with other instructional support and operations departments to support students, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community.