Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Main Phone: (907) 742-4853 | Fax: (907) 742-4581
Location: 5530 E. Northern Lights Blvd. Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Curriculum and material management for Health and Physical Education
- Provide instructional support for educators
- Create professional development opportunities for Health and Physical Educators
- Support ASD schools and the community in Health and Physical Education related curriculum, instruction and information
- Organize and manage district-wide Health and Physical Education activities and events
As part of the Anchorage School District’s initiative to prepare students to function optimally as global citizens and workers, the Health and Physical Education Department focuses on taking personal responsibility for one’s health through an active, healthy lifestyle that fosters a lifelong commitment to wellness.
Health Education is the combination of learning experiences designed to provide students with the opportunity to acquire information and the skills needed to make quality health enhancing decisions.
Physical Education aims to develop students’ physical competence, knowledge, confidence and skills, especially those of collaboration, communication, and critical thinking, through a wide range of activities that nurture positive values and attitudes providing a good foundation for a healthy lifestyle.