Mass Notifications Parent Delivery Preferences
Blackboard Mass Notifications is the official tool used by the District to communicate with parents via phone, email, and text message. Parents can customize their delivery preferences for these school notifications in the following ways:
Customize Message Delivery Preferences Through the ASD Mobile App
Parents can use the ASD mobile app to customize which phone numbers and email addresses will receive phone calls, emails, and text messages.
To do this, parents must first login to ASD’s mobile app. If you have not downloaded the mobile app, or have never logged into the mobile app as a parent/guardian, please review instructions for doing so on our mobile app page first.
Once logged in, parents may change message delivery preferences by following these steps:
- Tap on your own (parent) name/icon
- Select "Edit Delivery Preferences"
- Tap the mobile app, text, phone, or email icon to turn messages on or off
- Select from available numbers/email addresses in each desired category of notification: Emergency, Attendance, Balance, Survey, and Other
Opt Out of Messaging Without Using the ASD Mobile App
- Phone calls: Parents can opt out of phone messages by calling the Blackboard Mass Notifications Hotline at (855) 502-7867 from the phone number which they wish to be opted out. To opt back in, call the same number from the phone that has been opted out.
- Text/SMS Messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard Mass Notifications system text, or text STOP to the shortcode 60680. To opt back in to text messages, text START to the shortcode 60680 from the phone number that has been opted out.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Blackboard Mass Notifications system email.
Users cannot opt out of emergency messages.