Agendas, Memos and Documents
School Board documents are available through BoardDocs, the online school board meeting software used by ASD. To find agendas and documents, click the "meetings" tab once in the system.
Documents prior to October 2012 are in the Board archives.
Accessing and Participating in Meetings
As part of the reopening process, consistent with Emergency Order EO-14 v2 which returns our community to a modified version of Phase Two in the Safe Anchorage: Roadmap to Reopening the Municipality of Anchorage plan, the public will have increased ability to provide in-person public testimony with the following restrictions:
Due to social distancing requirements, a limited number of seats will be available in the board room. These seats will be filled as requests for in-person testimony are received. If you are unable to attend in person or prefer to view online, the meeting will be live streamed through the ASD YouTube Channel.
How to Watch Regular School Board Meetings
- Regular School Board meetings are open to the public with limited seating and live streamed through the ASD YouTube Channel.
- School Board Work Sessions are open to the public for observation with limited seating in the Board Room and published Zoom link for public access.
- Committee Meetings continue to be held virtually with Zoom link published for public access.
To find meeting agendas, links, or streaming of regular School Board meetings, please go to https://www.asdk12.org/domain/1184.
How to Provide Testimony at School Board Meetings During COVID-19 Phases
The Anchorage School Board is following the recommendations of the mayor by reopening the Board Room at the ASD Education Center for limited seating at meetings. Even as the reopening process continues, the School Board encourages members of the public to provide written or telephonic testimony.
Speakers are limited to three minutes per person. You may not sign up other individuals to testify.
If you wish to provide written testimony:
The School Board encourages anyone wishing to provide written public testimony to email written comments to SchoolBoard@asdk12.org by 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
In the subject line, please provide the following information:
- For action items, the agenda item for which you are providing testimony (Example: Public Testimony - ASD Memorandum #111-Sale of Surplus Property)
- For non-action/non-agenda items: (Example: Public Testimony – [list your topic]).
- These comments will become part of the meeting record.
If you wish to provide testimony on the phone:
The School Board encourages anyone wishing to provide verbal public testimony to Email SchoolBoard@asdk12.org by 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting with:
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Topic or agenda item for which you wish to provide testimony
- In the Subject Line: Phone Testimony
A call-in number will be provided. When the School Board reaches your agenda item, you will be asked to testify when it is your turn. You will have 3 minutes to provide testimony.
These comments will become part of the meeting record.
- It is the responsibility of the person testifying to ensure that the testimony can be heard and is free of background noise and distraction. If testimony is inaudible or contains distracting noise, music, or voices, the call may be terminated.
If you wish to provide in-person testimony at a School Board meeting:
District employees, School Board members, and members of the public will be required to do the following prior to entering the ASD Education Center:
- Wear face coverings unless a medical condition prevents it
- Complete a “contact tracing" log with first name, last name, and contact number.
- Allow a forehead temperature check that will be recorded in the “contact tracing" log
There will be a limited number of seats available in the Board Room to maintain social distancing. People wishing to provide in-person testimony, and secure a seat in the Board Room, must sign up by 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting as seating is limited. Remaining seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis. There will be a sign up sheet posted in the Board Room prior to the start of the meeting for those wishing to provide testimony but miss the 2:00 p.m. cut off.
- Complaints against pupils or District employees are not proper subjects of testimony during regular Board meetings. All such complaints should be addressed by the Superintendent through proper channels, including the Citizen Complaint process.
Agendas and Meeting Materials
To see the full agenda and corresponding meeting materials, visit the School Board page and look under “Agendas, Memos, and Documents."