Accessing and Participating in Meetings
How to Watch Regular School Board Meetings
School Board meetings are live streamed through the ASD YouTube Channel. To find meeting agendas or streaming of regular School Board meetings, please go to https://www.asdk12.org/schoolboard.
How to Provide Testimony at School Board Meetings During COVID-19 Phases
In order to align with EO-14, which limits indoor gathering to no more than 25 people, the Board Room will be closed to the public beginning Thursday, July 23 until further notice. Community members are encouraged to provide testimony by email or phone.
If you wish to provide written testimony:
The School Board encourages anyone wishing to provide written public testimony to email written comments to SchoolBoard@asdk12.org by 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
In the subject line, please provide the following information:
- For action items, the agenda item for which you are providing testimony (Example: Public Testimony - ASD Memorandum #111-Sale of Surplus Property)
- For non-action/non-agenda items: (Example: Public Testimony – [list your topic]).
- These comments will become part of the meeting record.
If you wish to provide testimony on the phone:
The School Board encourages anyone wishing to provide verbal public testimony to Email SchoolBoard@asdk12.org by 2:00 p.m. the day of the meeting with:
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- Topic or agenda item for which you wish to provide testimony
- In the Subject Line: Phone Testimony
A call-in number will be provided for you to join the meeting. When the School Board reaches your agenda item, you will be asked to testify when it is your turn. You will have 3 minutes to provide testimony.
These comments will become part of the meeting record.
- It is the responsibility of the person testifying to ensure that the testimony can be heard and is free of background noise and distraction. If testimony is inaudible or contains distracting noise, music, or voices, the call may be terminated.
Members of the public who wish to request accommodations for public testimony should make their request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours prior to the meeting day.
Agendas and Meeting Materials
To see the full agenda and corresponding meeting materials, visit the School Board page and look under “Agendas, Memos, and Documents."