New Migrant Education Swim Request Process
Migrant Education is not currently offering swim lessons in order to prevent the spread COVID-19.
Knowing how to swim is vital when living a subsistence lifestyle on, or near, water.
Beginning January 2020 all swim lessons must be REQUESTED through the Migrant Education Office as outlined below.
To request swim lessons:
- Complete the Migrant Education Swim Lesson Request form for each child.
- Migrant staff will verify your student's eligibility.
- Your student's information will be sent to the pool(s) requested.
- You will be contacted once approved and pool(s) have been notified.
- Parent/Guardian will contact pool(s) to sign-up for lessons, using the child's legal name.
- Parent/Guardian is responsible for paying $1.00 per lesson for each swimmer to the pool.
- Migrant Education will pay the balance for 1 session per child per month.
- Need assistance? Please call the office at 742-4275.
- Bartlett Pool - 1101 Golden Bear Drive
- Chugiak Pool - 16525 S. Birchwood Loop Road
- Dimond Pool - 2909 W. 88th Avenue
- West Pool - 1700 Hillcrest Drive